Joshua Tree Tour 2017 General Sales: Europe
Original Story by Aaron J. Sams (2017-01-16)
This morning shows on the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 went on sale. North American dates will follow tomorrow. Sales were positive for the tour with many shows now being listed as sold out, and four additional concerts having been announced.
The following dates have been added to the tour:
- Twickenham, London England, July 9, 2017
- Olympic Stadium, Rome Italy, July 16, 2017
- Stade de France, Paris France, July 26, 2017
- Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam Netherlands, July 30, 2017
- All dates can now be seen at http://www.u2.com/tour/
U2.com has now sent out emails that say Four more shows have been added to complete the dates on the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017. This suggests no further dates will be added, but these things have changed in the past.
All four shows will go on general sale next Monday, January 23. Each show will have a subscribers presale through U2.Com. The website for Ticketmaster in The Netherlands listed this presale as starting on Wednesday, January 18 for the Amsterdam shows.
The following is a timeline of events from this morning’s presale for those who are interested:
- 09:00am GMT: All European shows go on sale.
- 09:40am GMT: Amsterdam is announced as a sellout, and a second show is announced by the Promotor for July 30, 2017.
- 09:45am GMT: Paris and Amsterdam are now both listed as sellouts at U2.com
- 10:05am GMT: London is added to the sellout list at U2.com
- 10:09am GMT: Second show for London is announced through Live Nation UK.
- 10:14am GMT: Second show for Paris is announced through Live Nation France.
- 10:23am GMT: Dublin is added to the sellout list at U2.com but local media reporting this was sold out in approximately 10 minutes.
- 10:37am GMT: Live Nation announces that the Brussels show is a sell out.
- 10:38am GMT: Second shows for Amsterdam, Paris and London now appearing on U2.com
- 10:44am GMT: Second show for Rome announced through promoter.
- 10:45am GMT: Rome and Berlin are both updated on U2.com to be shown as sold out. Second show for Rome added at U2.com
- 11:30am GMT: Brussels finally updated on U2.com to show as a sell out.
- 3:00pm GMT: Barcelona is showing as sold out on Ticketmaster, but has not yet been listed as a sell out on U2.com.
At this time (Noon GMT), only Barcelona is listed on U2.com as having tickets still available.
U2.com has not updated with information about a presale, or times, but have confirmed that one will happen here. At this time extra shows have only been announced in four cities. There has been no confirmation of a second show for Dublin, and media reports are saying there won’t be including reports from The Irish Times and Hot Press.
We have some articles that may help you out:
- Questions and Answers: General Sale
- Questions and Answers: Presales
- Time Zones: When Does My Show Go On Sale?
- All of our The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour Coverage